i-Transport and UATP Conference and Exhibition
“Implementing and Managing Integrated and Sustainable Transport Systems by Aligning Transport, Land-use and Economic Planning”
In February 2017, the i-Transport and UATP “Go Green – Go Smart” Conference and Exhibition was co-hosted by ITS South Africa and the UATP and was supported by ITS Africa. The synergies released exceeded expectations. This flagship conference and exhibition will again take place on 18 – 20 June 2018 as a co-operative project to assist the Public Transport, Intelligent Transport and related sectors in pursuing our shared strategic objectives.
The aim with the 2018 “Go Green – Go Smart” conference is to focus collective energies on implementing and managing integrated and sustainable transport systems by aligning transport, land-use and economic planning.
Event deliverables include:
- Encourage thought leadership to put smart transport solutions on an accelerated trajectory;
- Develop a strategic conversation towards a transport master plan for integrated and sustainable transport;
- Benchmark transport related projects against global best practice;
- Showcase industry achievements;
- Demonstrate products, systems, services and innovations in providing industry solutions;
- Peer-to-peer networking;
- Knowledge sharing and capacity building.
The Conference and the Exhibition will run parallel over 2 days and delegates will have the option of participating in post-conference Master Classes or a Site Visit for a hands-on experience.
Exhibition preparations and stand build-up will take place on Sunday and Monday (17-18 June 2018).
The Tuesday morning session (19 June) will be a Plenary Session with the focus on Policies and Strategy. The Tuesday afternoon will be dedicated to a Plenary Session with three themes for:
- Public Transport,
- Intelligent Transport Systems; and
- Infrastructure and Funding.
Tuesday afternoon will feature a “Trade Day” for exhibitors to invite clients, prospective clients and staff, who may not be conference delegates, to visit their stands.
The Conference Dinner and awards ceremony will be hosted on Tuesday evening (19 June).
The three parallel streams will continue with morning and afternoon sessions on Wednesday (20 June).
On Thursday (21 June) we’ll host Master Classes to cover technical and operational
Conference sessions and the Master Classes are accredited for CPD (Continuous Professional Development) points for colleagues who require CPD points for professional registration in Engineering disciplines.
General Assemblies – respectively for UATP Members and ITS Africa members – will also be hosted on Friday morning 22 June 2018.
Please note the following dates
- 2 July 2017 – Call for Papers
- 15 November 2017 – Deadline for Submission of Papers
- Mid-January 2018 – Notification of Acceptance and publication of Programme
- 1 February 2018 – Registration opens
- 13 April 2018 – Early Bird Registration close
Date and Venue
The i-Transport & UATP Go Green – Go Smart Conference will be hosted on
18 – 20 June 2018 at the Gallagher Convention Centre in Midrand, conveniently situated
Under the guiding theme of Go Green – Go Smart the specific focus for 2018 is “Implementing and Managing Integrated and Sustainable Transport Systems by aligning Transport, Land-use and Economic Planning”.
Continuous Professional Development
In support of Continuous Professional Development, delegates will earn CPD points for their participation.
We cordially invite industry partners form both the public and the private sector to participate by means of one of the several partnership packages available. These packages typically include a number of delegates, exhibition space and other benefits.
Sufficient exhibition space and capacity is available to cater for custom stands and to accommodate Public Transport vehicles on the expo floor.
- Click here to see the draft exhibition floor plan.
Who should attend
The conference and exhibition is aimed at colleagues in both the Public Sector and the Private Sector involved in, or with an interest in transport, specifically
- Transport Policy-makers and Planners;
- Public Transport planners, designers, implementers and operators;
- Land-use Planners
- Economic Planners
- Consultants, Service Providers;
- Intelligent Transport System specialists in all domains;
- Public Authorities, Metros and Cities/Towns with a responsibility of providing transport infrastructure and services;
- Transport and Logistics Operators;
- Freight and Logistics planners and Operators and its supporting industries such as fleet management and tracking;
- Equipment Suppliers to the transport industry, including R&D, importing and distribution agents;
- Systems Integrators;
- Safety & Security services and equipment suppliers in the transport sector;
- Law enforcement in the mobile environment;
- Researchers, lecturers and senior students in the respective sub-fields of transport.
We cordially invite you to:
- Diarise the date of 18 – 20 June 2018;
- Allocate budgets to send delegates, participate as exhibitors and for strategic positioning and marketing as Event Partners;
- Contact us to express your exhibition and partnership needs.
Remember, the nature and scope of these transport sectors are determined by those that participate and develop the rules that will help shape the future!
Should you require more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please visit www.i-transportafrica.com about Go Green – Go Smart 2018. As with multiple previous ITSSA and UATP conferences, we